How to set up automatic email integration with Outlook Exchange
NOTE: Integration is done on an individual basis. Each Pipeliner user needs to set up their own integration using their individual email account login and password.
Click on the "Avatar (Photo)" icon on the upper right corner & then click “Settings” ⤵
Locate the "Exchange Email" (scroll up or down to locate).
Click on the "Activate" button ⤵
Once you see the "IMAP WIZARD" — complete the fields as follows ⤵
If you’re using a standard Office365 setup, you can enter these details:
IMAP Server: Outlook.Office365.com
Username: Your email address
Password: Your password for your email
Connection Security: check the box Use SSL
NOTE: This can be any email address and does not have to correspond to the email address that you use to login to Pipeliner.
NOTE: If you are using a custom email domain or an Exchange server with Outlook Web Access enabled, you may need to contact your IT department, as these settings will then be specific to your company.
NOTE: If you are unable to login, you may need to turn off two factor authentication (for further info, click here).
Click on "Next" ⤵
Review the folders to make sure you integrate the correct folders within your Outlook.
NOTE: Inbox is typically your incoming email folder unless you have multiple Inboxes within your Outlook, you’ll usually need to select Sent Items as your Outlook outgoing email folder ⤵
Click on "Next" ⤵
NOTE: Emails are usually sent to and from the email addresses saved against Contacts you have in Pipeliner but sometimes you might also send emails to the email addresses you have saved on Account records in Pipeliner. Have at least one of these options checked, however we suggest that you check both.
Click on "Finish" ⤵
Once the Integration setup is completed, you are DONE ⤵
How to see your emails within Pipeliner CRM:
- When you send an email to a contact from your email client, a copy of the email is then stored under the "Feeds" tab within its related contact in Pipeliner.
NOTE: The email address of your Contact/Account must be the same as in Pipeliner.
- All emails are accessible in the "Feed" section of the account/contact in chronological order. This way you can track the email communication directly in Pipeliner.
- Allow up to 15 minutes for emails to appear in the "Feed". Incoming email copies appear in Pipeliner after they have been transferred from your local email client via the cloud server.
- All users in Pipeliner who have the rights to view the Contact will also have rights to view all the emails linked to that Contact.
- If you quickly move emails out of the Inbox and Sent Items folders that you linked to while setting up the Office365 integration, emails will not be able to be copied into Pipeliner. You’re fine to move emails into custom folders but make sure that you can see them in Pipeliner first or leave it a couple of hours before doing so to be sure!
NOTE: Emails will be linked for all users who have activated the email integration. Emails between colleagues (Pipeliner users) will not be captured and Pipeliner Admins also have the ability to exclude all emails from specific domains in the Admin Module › Settings tab in the "Email Domain Blacklisting" section ⤵
See a quick example below
Open a Contact record & ensure an email address is listed.
NOTE: Email addresses must be saved on each contact record before sending ⤵
Send an email to the email address in your contact record from Microsoft Exchange.
Within approximately 15 minutes, a copy of the email will appear in the Feeds section in your contact record. You will also be able to use your Feed options to make them visible on the Feed of any Leads or Opportunities that the Contact is related to. Emails you send to this contact will appear here as well.
How to deactivate the Microsoft Exchange Email Integration
To deactivate the automatic integration with Outlook, go to "Settings" and mouse over the Exchange Email.
Click on "Deactivate" ⤵
FOR ADMINISTRATORS ONLY
If your users don't see the integration in their settings, you need to make sure that the integration is enabled for your Pipeliner space.
Enter the Admin Module — from the Pipeliner CRM Application, click on the App Switcher in the top left corner ⤵
NOTE: Only Administrators will see the Administration menu
Click on the Automation Hub tab and check that "MS Exchange Email" is running in the "My Apps" section. If not, find it in the "Most Popular" section and click on "Add for Free" to activate it.
Then go back to the App by clicking on the App Switcher in the top left corner again and selecting "CRM Application".