For Administrators Only: You need to make sure that the integration is enabled for your Pipeliner space before any of your users will be able to activate.
Enter the Admin Module — from the Pipeliner CRM Application, click on the App Switcher in the top left corner ⤵
Click on the Automation Hub tab and check that "Office 365 Calendar" is running in the "My Apps" section. If not, find it in the "Most Popular" section and click on "Add" to activate it.
NOTE: You need to choose between using the Exchange integration and the Office 365 integration. Only one of them can be running and, once you’ve chosen to use the Office 365, you cannot change back to Exchange ⤵
To proceed, click on "Activate".
NOTE: this is currently a Beta integration so our team approves each activation request. Until approved, the integration will show as “Add Pending”
How to connect your Microsoft Office 365 Calendar to Pipeliner
Once the integration is activated and running in the Automation Hub, it needs to be activated by each individual user.
Click on the "Avatar (Photo)" icon on the upper right corner & then click “Settings” ⤵
Click on the Apps tab and you’ll then be able to see the Office 365 integrations ⤵
Click “Activate” beside Outlook Calendar.
Pick the Microsoft account you want to integrate to and enter your password, if prompted ⤵
You’ll then need to click on “Accept” to grant permission for the integration to work ⤵
NOTE: You may need to contact your IT team for this additional information.
Select your Outlook Calendar
You now need to choose which Calendar you want to synchronize to and from Pipeliner ⤵
Select one of your existing Calendar folders from the dropdown. This Calendar will then be used for syncing all appointments to and from Pipeliner going forward.
NOTE: When you first activate the integration, only appointments that are scheduled for the last 7 days or in the future will be synchronised.
NOTE: Pipeliner does not support “Private” appointments so if you have private appointments in your selected Outlook calendar, they will sync into Pipeliner like all other appointments.
Create a new calendar
A new Calendar will be added to Outlook and only appointments added to this “Pipeliner” Calendar will be synced to and from Pipeliner.
Once you’ve selected the right Calendar for you, click on "Finish".
Verify that your Calendar has been connected. The word “Activated” will appear next to the email account you have used.
You can change the settings you have chosen by clicking on “Configure” or switch off the integration using “Deactivate” ⤵
How it works
- The sync is bi-directional so any appointments you create in your selected Outlook Calendar will appear in Pipeliner in the Activities menu and any Appointment Activity you create in Pipeliner will sync to your Outlook Calendar.
- If you selected one of your already existing Calendars to sync to and from, expect to see all appointments (including private ones) that were scheduled for the last 7 days, or that are scheduled to happen in the future, appear in Pipeliner and vice versa.
NOTE: there is no option to set an Appointment as “Private” in Pipeliner
- If you selected the option to use a new Calendar, a new Pipeliner calendar will be created in your Outlook and appointments scheduled in Pipeliner for the last 7 days or the future will sync to this new calendar and appointments that you add in Outlook to this new Calendar will then sync to Pipeliner.
- Appointments that you’re the Owner of, or an Attendee of, will sync from Pipeliner to your new selected Outlook Calendar.
- Only certain fields will be synced from Pipeliner to Outlook. These fields are: Subject, Location, From, Start Date, End Date, Guests (Attendees), Description.
- Attendees that are added to the appointment in either Outlook or Pipeliner will receive email update notifications about the appointment when a change is made to Subject, Start Date, End Date or Description.
NOTE: you can choose not to send an updated invitation when prompted.
To sync an event from Pipeliner to Outlook Calendar, add a New Appointment in Pipeliner & Click “Save” ⤵
Look for the appointment in your chosen calendar within Outlook.
NOTE: if you’ve chosen to integrate to a new Pipeliner Calendar, find it and make sure it's checked on “My Calendars” on the left side of your screen. Once checked, all Appointments you’re an owner or attendee of should appear within your Pipeliner calendar ⤵
To sync an appointment from Outlook to Pipeliner, add a new appointment to your Outlook Calendar. After a few minutes, go into Pipeliner to find it in your Activities menu.
NOTE: If you’re using the Pipeliner Calendar option, when adding this meeting, make sure you add it on the Pipeliner Calendar. The folder name will appear toward the bottom of your New Appointment screen with the name “Pipeliner”. Any appointments you add on other calendars WILL NOT sync over ⤵