Activities: How to Set Default Reminders for Tasks with Due Dates in Pipeliner CRM
February 09, 2017 13:54
In order to make your work even more efficient, we are constantly focusing on making activities as flexible and fast as possible. You can now set default reminders for tasks with due dates.
In order to set a default reminder for a task with a due date, please follow these steps:
1. Run Pipeliner CRM
2. Click on your profile image at the top right of the application.
3. Click on "Account Settings".
4. Click on "Preferences".
5. Scroll down to "Reminder and Calendar Settings".
6. Find "Default Task Reminder with Due Date" and set the time that you would like to be reminded about a task with a due date.
- Due Dates on Tasks can be set on particular day. It means that when a due date on the task is, for example, Monday November 28, Pipeliner reminds you about that task at the time you select within the drop-down menu. If you select 8 AM, Pipeliner reminds you about the task at 8 AM on Monday, November 28.
- The default reminder is different from the "manual" reminder you can set for a task. A default reminder is set up for a task and is transferable with it. If you transfer the ownership of a task, the reminder will be moved with the task, and Pipeliner will remind the new owner of the task about it. On the other hand. if you set up a "manual" reminder, this reminder is not transferable.
- The default reminder is set up by the user—it is not company-wide. Each user within Pipeliner can have different reminder times for tasks with due dates.
- If you work across multiple time zones and you transfer the ownership of a task with a default reminder, Pipeliner reminds the new user about the task according to his or her time zone. The reminder adjusts itself to the time zone of the user who currently owns the task.
7. Click "Save" to store these settings.
How to Use a Default Reminder on Tasks with Due Dates
In order to start using default reminders on tasks with due dates, you need to first have this process set up on your Pipeliner CRM account (see steps above) and you need to create a task with a due date as follows.
1. Go to "Activities".
2. Click on "Create New Activity".
3. From the "Activity Type" select the “Task” activity type.
4. Define a task subject and description, and assign a due date to the task.
5. After assigning a due date to this task, Pipeliner CRM automatically sets up a reminder for it.
TIP: You can do very a similar setup for appointments as well. Just set up a "Default Reminder for Appointments" within your account settings.