A Lead is an unqualified, potential 'pre-opportunity' – a chance to connect with and engage a new customer with the possibility of proceeding to the sales pipeline by then Qualifying that Lead to become an Opportunity.
In sales, it always comes back to leads. They are the very foundation of any sales activity. There is always a sales quota to be made. That quota will not happen without sufficient opportunities—and the opportunities won't happen without enough leads.
Leads are critical to any sales-oriented organization. Leads can be expensive to capture, so it’s vitally important that each business works and nurtures each lead effectively to create solid opportunities and closes.
Scenarios: a person fills in your Enquiry form on your website or you attend a tradeshow and return to the office with a spreadsheet of people who visited your stand. Perhaps your Business Development team generates enquiries using tools such as e-mail marketing software or LinkedIn or by general web-based research. Maybe the phone rings and it's someone new asking for a brochure ......
All of these examples would result in creating Leads and Pipeliner has the right tools to help you create Leads efficiently, regardless of their origin.
Once Leads have been entered into Pipeliner, you can see them in the Leads tab and also from the Opportunities tab in the red Leads column. Choose from the List View or the Compact View.
Clicking on a Lead will open up the Detail View. You'll see all of the core information about the Lead including the Account and/or Contact that are linked to it (if known). Additional information such as linked Activities and Feeds (including Emails), Buying Center, Documents and Notes are available by clicking on the tabs on the left.
- Leads can be linked to Accounts (Companies) and/or Contacts.
- Our Pipeliner Voyager AI helps you evaluate the Fitness (health) of each Lead.
- You can leave Leads as Unassigned to be grabbed by your sales reps or Assign them to specific users (perhaps based on Territories or Product Interest).
- Link Activities to your Leads to track each and every interaction that goes towards progressing the Lead to be qualified to an Opportunity.
- You can use Dashboards, Management Reports and the Insights view for all your business intelligence about your company's Leads.
- Leads that are not going to progress to Opportunities are Archived as Lost Leads.
- You can customise the Lead Detail form by adding Custom Fields from the Admin module to capture the information that you need - for example, the Lead Source or how the Lead was generated.
Leads live outside of a specific pipeline so, if you have multiple pipelines, you can choose which one to use when Qualifying a Lead.