Any automated tools for sales must have CRM features that allow salespeople to smoothly function and share as a team. Part of that empowerment means that sales team members involved with a particular opportunity can instantly view that opportunity— including where it stands in the sales process, the tasks and activities that have already been accomplished, and the tasks and activities yet to be done. With Pipeliner CRM any data—be it an opportunity, task or activity—accomplished by a particular team member is instantly shared with the rest of the team. In that way no actions are duplicated, and collaboration is consistently achieved. In this article, we describe the various sharing options for Pipeliner CRM.
What is Collaborative CRM?
A Collaborative CRM is a CRM that enables you to share data entered into the system with your team in order to give all team members a complete overview—for example, of a sales opportunity with its related data such as activities, documents, emails and notes.
How to Share Data in Pipeliner CRM
In Pipeliner, you have the following system of sharing rights:
- Owner - The owner of data—an opportunity, lead, account, contact or activity/feed. The owner has full rights to perform any action with the record. Only the owner can delete data.
- Editor - The editor is a user that has edit rights on the record. The only difference between owner and editor is that an editor cannot delete the record.
- Watcher - The watcher is a user that has read-only access to records. The watcher cannot edit any data on the record, but can collaborate on the record by using comments, creating activities or writing notes.
The difference between Opportunity/Lead and Account/Contact Sharing
In Pipeliner, there is a difference between the default sharing of sales opportunities/leads and business accounts/contacts.
- Opportunity/Lead - This data is shared according to the sales unit assignment. Your team member can access it according to their role in the sales unit. You need to be assigned to the sales unit in order to get an access to the data linked to the sales unit.
- Account/Contact - This data is shared in a tree hierarchy. Your team member can access the data in the tree structure from the bottom up in the tree. You do not need to be assigned to the sales unit which is hierarchically higher.
Common Share Options in Pipeliner CRM
Here are the most common share options used by Pipeliner CRM users:
Sharing a sales opportunity with your whole team
In order to share a sales opportunity with your team, follow these steps:
- Make it Private - This means that the opportunity will be made private, and will not be accessible to others. This includes the manager of the sales unit, as the sales unit will be replaced with the "Private" status. You can disable the option of creating private data in Pipeliner CRM Admin.
- All Users - Here you can share the sales opportunity with the whole team as editors (Edit Rights) or watchers (View-Only).
- Custom - Here you can define a particular list of users or sales units that can access this opportunity as editors (Edit Rights) or watchers (View-Only).
- On the very bottom of the sharing box you will see this statement: "5 users can view this record per sales unit access. This means that 5 users assigned to the sales unit, who are assigned to this opportunity, are able to "View-Only" this opportunity by default because of their roles.
- Click "Save" and close the opportunity.
- Pipeliner will now sync the data into the secure cloud and update all your users in a team.
How can I give edit rights to team by default?
You need to share it with the whole company as an editor or watcher.
Viewing data shared with you
In the example below we show you how to view sales opportunities on your sales pipeline that are shared with you. Working with data in Pipeliner is all about "Profiles.” You can find profiles within each screen of Pipeliner. On the sales pipeline, you can find default profiles:
- My View - This profile is pre-selected and enables you to see only your data--the data of which you are the owner or editor.
- My Team - This profile enables you to see all data from your team according to the sales units assignment.
You can edit your profile and view of an opportunity within the "View Settings" of each profile.
- Open Pipeliner
- Open Profiles.
3. Click "Role" in order to access role view settings.
4. Here you can define the following settings:
- Toggle show/hide excluded opportunities - This option enables you show or hide opportunities that are excluded from the target based on their closing dates.
- Show my opportunities/leads - This option enables you to show only your own opportunities or leads.
- Show opportunities/leads of my sales team(s) - This options enables you to show your own and also the opportunities of your sales team, where you are editor or watcher.
- Show opportunities/leads of my sales unit(s) - This options enables you to show your own, your sales team and the opportunities that belongs to your sales unit where you are currently assigned as manager.
5. Change the setting according to your needs. Click the "Gear" icon and Click "Save As".
6. Create a new profile that better fits your viewing preferences.
Each record (in this case an opportunity) in Pipeliner has its sharing system for the owner and sales team.
- Owner (no icon) - An owner is a Pipeliner user that has the rights to modify and delete the record.
- Editor (icon with pencil) - An editor is a Pipeliner user that has the rights to modify a record, but does not have the rights to delete a record.
- Watcher (eyeglass icon) - Watcher is a Pipeliner user who has "read-only" rights to the record.
- Sales Team (team icon) - Sales team members are users who have “read only” rights to the record.
Note: If you have management rights, you have, by default, a watcher role with its related icon.