Pipeliner Administrators can now create their users by importing from a formatted list saved to a CSV file as well as adding them manually. In addition, Administrators can export a list of their current users in Pipeliner.
If you’re not familiar with adding users, please read this article first.
- You need to have configured your units and user roles before importing your users.
- You will also need to prepare your file prior to importing, making sure it matches the required format exactly.
NOTE: If you’re familiar with importing data into Pipeliner, the Users import works in the same way.
Enter the "Administration Module" — from the Pipeliner CRM Application, click on the "App Switcher" in the top left corner ⤵
NOTE: Only Administrators will see the Administration menu
Select the "Units, Users & Roles" Menu and then click on the "Users" Tab ⤵
Click on the “Import” button.
If this is your first user import, you can download a sample CSV file which you then use as the basis for preparing your own data. Click on "Download Sample File" and then, depending on your browser, you’ll be able to access it from the Downloads folder or from the documents ribbon at the bottom of the screen ⤵
The sample file contains example user data ⤵
You need to follow this exact format when creating your file of users to import:
- "Email" — email address to be used for user login.
- "First Name" — user’s first name.
- "Last Name" — user’s last name.
- "Role" — the Pipeliner user role that you want the user to be based on, user roles need to have already been created and the name you enter here needs to be an exact match to one of your user roles.
- "Sales Unit" — the unit (or units) that the user should be assigned to. If your user should be assigned to more than one unit, add the unit names into the same cell using a "|" (pipe) symbol as your delimiter.
- "Member/Manager" — insert either Member or Manager to indicate whether your user should be given standard Member or enhanced Manager level access to the sales unit(s) they will be assigned to.
A completed file might look like this ⤵
When it’s finished, save your CSV file ready to use for the import.
NOTE: The standard rules of importing data apply — you need to make sure that your data is valid (i.e. that your sales unit names and user role names match exactly), correctly formatted and does not contain duplicate users.
NOTE: You do not have to use the downloaded sample file — it’s just a resource to help you!
You can now select your file in the User Import Wizard. Select “Click here to upload” ⤵
Then browse for your CSV file by clicking on "Upload a document" (or use Drag and Drop) ⤵
You can generally leave the CSV File Settings with the default auto-detect values. Tick "Columns" contain headers to read your header row (with your field names in) ⤵
Drag and drop your fields from the right hand field list onto the matching field from your Users form in Pipeliner and, once all the fields you need are mapped, then click on the "Import" button ⤵
You’ll see a preview of the records prior to import, so you can check that your mapping is correct. If not, click on the "Change Mapping" button. If any of your rows are not valid, they will be highlighted in red ⤵
Clicking on an individual user will open up a panel on the right hand side that will show you exactly how that user will be imported.
If your record is not valid, you’ll see exactly where the problem is. In the example below, we had assigned user "Jean Black" to a unit named “Partners” which does not exist in our space. You can select the correct values directly from the import form and then choose "Accept" to import the record ⤵
You can “Accept” or “Reject” each row or click to select multiple rows and then click on “Accept Selected” or “Reject Selected” ⤵
NOTE: Accepted records will be imported into Pipeliner whereas Rejected records will be excluded from the import and will be removed from the Preview list.
NOTE: Clicking in the top left checkbox will select “All records”.
NOTE: Clicking on "Close" aborts the import.
If there is a problem importing any records, you’ll get an onscreen notification telling you that some entities could not be imported. Click on "Show Log" to see what the problem is.
For a user import, it’s most likely that you’ll have inadvertently included a user who already exists ⤵
Click on "Proceed" and then reject the duplicate record ⤵
Review your users
Your imported users will now display in the Users tab. You can modify them individually if you need to make any changes ⤵
From the "Users" Menu, click the Export button to download a formatted list of all your existing users. It will generate a CSV file that will display all of your current users within Pipeliner. This is useful for reporting, or if you would like to keep your current Pipeliner Users up to date ⤵
When you choose Export, it will generate a CSV with the following:
- "Name" — user’s first and last name.
- "E-Mail" — the user's email address
- "Status" — whether the user is active or inactive
- "User Role" — the name of the role you assigned them in the "Users" section
- "Phone" — the phone number of the user
- "Timezone" — the timezone the user has set in their user profile settings
- "Region" — the region of the user as set in their user profile settings