Please follow these Setup Steps
Click on the "Avatar (Photo)" icon on the upper right corner & then click “Settings”:
Click “Activate” beside Gmail:
Enter the following details into the corresponding fields:
- IMAP Server › imap.gmail.com
- Port › 993
- Encryption › SSL
- Username › (your Gmail username)
- Password › (your Gmail password)
NOTE: Your IMAP Server and Port may be unique to your organization. Please contact your internal IT department for assistance if you receive errors.
If you receive an error when submitting this information, please follow these steps.
Open your Gmail and you should receive an email from Google:
Click on the "SECURE YOUR ACCOUNT" button within your email.
To allow access to less secure apps, switch the toggle to "ON":
Open Pipeliner CRM application and re-enter your credentials as instructed.
Gmail should now permit you through the next step.
Select your preferences for which folders you want syncing to Pipeliner. Click “Next”:
Select if you would like your emails to be linked to contacts and/or accounts. We recommend that you leave both of these checkboxes ticked for greater visibility of emails. Click “Finish” to finish and close Imap Wizard:
How to see your emails within Pipeliner CRM
When you send an email to a contact from your email client, a copy of the email is then stored under the "Feed" tab within its related contact in Pipeliner.
NOTE: the email address of your contact must be the same as in Pipeliner.
- All emails are accessible in the "Feed" section of the account/contact in chronological order. This way you can track the email communication directly in Pipeliner.
- Allow up to 10 minutes for emails to appear in the Feed. Incoming email copies appear in Pipeliner after they have been transferred from your local email client via the cloud server during synchronization of Pipeliner.
NOTE: that you have to be the Owner of the Contact or be added to it as an Editor (by selecting your individual username) in order for your emails to be stored.
Open a Contact Record and ensure an email address is listed.
NOTE: Email addresses must be listed on each contact record which you want to see your emails on.
Send an email to the email address in your contact record from Gmail.
Email will appear in the feeds section in your contact record and also to any account they are related to. Emails you send to this contact will appear here as well.