How to connect your Google Contacts to Pipeliner
Click on the "Avatar (Photo)" icon on the upper right corner & then click “Settings”:
Click “Activate” beside Google Contacts:
NOTE: If you do not receive a pop-up, please enable pop-ups on your internet browser.
Click “Allow” on the following page:
- "Unidirectional Synchronization (Google → Pipeliner)" — Contacts will sync from your selected folder to Pipeliner.
- "Bi-directional Synchronization (Google ↔ Pipeliner)" — Refers to a two way sync where data will sync back and forth from your selected folder to and from Pipeliner.
- "Unidirectional Synchronization (Google ← Pipeliner)" — Contacts will sync from Pipeliner to your selected folder.
Additionally, only when selecting this option, you can choose which Contacts to sync under "Sync Preference":
- “Sync contacts that I own” — will sync only Contacts that you are the Owner of.
- “Sync contacts that I have access to” — will sync every Contact that you are able to see in Pipeliner.
- Choose whether (or not) to delete contacts in Pipeliner when they are deleted in Google.
Select Folder you want to synchronize
- You can now select which Contacts folder you want to sync Contacts to, from or both to and from, depending on the Sync Type you just selected.
- Select from one of your existing folders.
Create a new contacts folder
- A new Pipeliner Contacts folder will be created in Google and only Contacts in this folder will sync.
When you’ve chosen the best option for you, click on "Save".
Verify that your email has been connected. The word “Activated” will appear near to the email address you have connected beside Google Contacts. Click “Close” to exit the pop-up:
NOTE: the usage examples below assume that you’ve selected a new Contacts folder to be created but the same principles apply if you have selected an existing folder instead
How to sync contacts to and from Pipeliner
Now that your Google Contacts sync is Activated a new contacts folder will be created in your Google account and contacts where you are the owner or an editor of will sync over from Pipeliner to your Google account.
Follow the example below of a bidirectional sync to understand how to sync contacts to and from Pipeliner.
To begin, we will look at the Google Contact sync from Google to Pipeliner.
Locate the Pipeliner contact folder within your Google Contacts Account.
NOTE: The folder will appear in the following format Pipeliner (Name-of-your-account).
Once that folder is selected, click the “Create Contact” button.
NOTE: All contacts in this folder will sync back and forth to Pipeliner for a bidirectional sync.
Fill in the corresponding fields & click “Save”:
Once the Contact is saved in Google, open Pipeliner in your browser.
Type in the name of the contact in your Search Bar:
Click on the name of the contact that appears on the right panel.
NOTE: Contacts may take 10-15 minutes to appear in Pipeliner.
Verify that the information you entered in Google is now also in Pipeliner.
Now, we will look at the sync from Pipeliner to Google.
Click the plus "+" icon on the lower left of Pipeliner screen to create a Contact:
Enter desired information in the fields and click "Save":
Open Google Contacts and verify that the contact is created within the Google Contacts Pipeliner folder.
NOTE: Contacts may take 10-15 minutes to appear in Google.
Check that the information you entered has come over from Pipeliner.
The tables below will illustrate how fields map over from Pipeliner to Google:
Google › Pipeliner
NOTE: Secondary phone and Emails 3 to 5 and Street Address Line 2 are currently not mapped and therefore will not synchronize.
NOTE: Only listed fields will be synchronized. Please note, that if any of the fields not listed is marked as required in the Pipeliner, Google will NOT create new Contacts in Pipeliner. It will however be possible to update existing Contacts.