Before reading this article, it will be helpful to view the following Articles:
- Understanding Pipelines, Leads, Opportunities and Activities
- Understanding Accounts and Contacts
- Creating Leads, Opportunities, and Activities and managing them throughout your pipeline / sales funnel including winning and losing prospective deals
- Creating Accounts and Contacts
- Understanding Activities — Tasks and Appointments
- Reports are based on the data that you and your team have already entered into Pipeliner.
- Reports are dynamic which means that as you change information in Pipeliner, the Report that contains that information is automatically updating with the latest information.
- Every Pipeliner user can create their own Reports or Reports for others. However, the only data a person can see in the Report is the information they have the rights to see based on how they were set up by the Admin.
Click on the "Reports" menu:
How to organize your reports into folders
Creating folders that Reports can be stored in, is a great way to organize reports for you and your team to locate them in the future. Select the "Create New" button, then "Folder":
Name the folder and click "Save". Now you have a new Folder:
No matter where you reports are, you can click and drag them into their appropriate folders:
Create a New Standard Report
Click the "Create New" button:
Name the Report (this can be changed later).
Then select what this report is about. For this example we will select "Opportunity" and "Save" it:
That was all it took to create this report:
How to modify the columns in the Report
From the Report Settings, select the "View" tab. To the right of the Columns heading, click on the "Choose" button:
Select the columns you would like to see in the report by moving them into the Displayed columns section on the right by using the “+” symbol next to the column name:
If there are any columns you do not want to see in the report us the ”–” symbol next to the name of the column in the Displayed columns section:
Then click on "Save".
How to modify the data that is in the body of the Report
Use the Report Settings button to enter the Power Panel:
In the Power Panel, select the "Filter" tab. Turn it on:
Use the filter options to help you narrow down to the data you would like to appear in the report.
Please read the following articles too:
How to share your Report with others
Once you create a Report, no one else can see it unless you share it with them. To share a Report, click the "Report Settings" in the upper right of the Report. Select the drop-down next to private and select the "Custom" to share it with specific Pipeliner users on your team, or Public to share the Report with all Pipeliner users:
How to create a Pivot Table Report
Select the "Create New" button:
Name the Report (this can be changed later).
Then select the "Pivot Table Report":
What this report is about. For this example we will select Opportunity.
Here is the resulting Pivot Table:
How to modify a Pivot Table Report
Here you can:
- Select the Rows you would like to appear in this report
- Select the Columns you would like to appear in this report
- Decide the calculation you would like the numbers based off of
Select the "Report Settings" button:
Select the Rows you would like to appear in this report. Click on the drop-down list or click the "Choose" button to see the columns you currently have and those you could have and select from there.
Select the Rows you would like to appear in the Report. Here you can see the displayed Rows currently show the Pivot Table by owner. In this Example we will change that to add the closing date as a column. Click on the plus sign "–" on the left side next to closing date:
Now you can see how many opportunities are with each of the owners by closing date:
Select the Columns you would like to appear in this report. Click on the drop-down list or click the "Choose" button to see the columns you currently have and those you could have and select from there:
Select the "Columns" you would like to appear in the Report. Here you can see the displayed Columns currently show the Pivot Table by owner. In this Example we will change Opportunity Status to Account Name. Click the "minus" sign next to the displayed column you no longer want to appear in the report, then the plus sign on the left side next to the column you do want to appear in the Report i.e. Account Name.
The result looks like this: In this example you see the how many opportunities are with each Account record (because my company only deals with a small number of Accounts) and on which months those opportunities are expected to close: