Before reading this article, it will be helpful to view the following Articles
- Understanding Pipelines, Leads, Opportunities and Activities
- Understanding Accounts and Contacts
- Creating Leads, Opportunities, and Activities and managing them throughout your pipeline / sales funnel including winning and losing prospective deals
- Creating Accounts and Contacts
Appointments in Pipeliner are meetings you have with your prospective or current clients. They have a date and time that they begin and end. Because of this, when you schedule an appointment, Pipeliner will recognize when you have completed that Activity based on the date and time it is set to end.
NOTE: For Business and Enterprise Tier customers, customized Appointments can be created. Custom Appointments can also include specific user-defined fields to be completed. Having customized appointment types enables you to run a report to show those different types of meeting.
EXAMPLE: If there was a custom meeting type named “On-site Meeting”, you could then run a report to show how many On-site meetings did you have this year (or any period of time) as opposed to other types of meeting that you may have tracked in Pipeliner.
Tasks in Pipeliner are things that you do that are not meetings. Pipeliner provides several choices as a default — Call, Email, Task. Tasks can be set up in advance of performing that action with a date you expect to do it as well as the option to set Pipeliner to reminder you. This way Pipeliner can assist you in remembering to do those things and even if you did not set a reminder Pipeliner still keeps track of the activity by its due date ⤵
NOTE: For Enterprise Tier customers, Task Activities can be created with custom names. Customized activities can also have specific user-defined fields to be completed. Having Customized activity types enables you to run a report to show those activities.
EXAMPLE: If there was a customized task type named “Initial Call”. You could then run a report to show how many Initial Calls were made this month (or any period of time) vs any other type of tasks that were completed.
Tracking your activities or those of your team can be easy when activities are entered into Pipeliner.
Fitness is another incredibly useful metric worked out by Pipeliner’s AI assistant "Voyager – Pipeliner CRM AI". Fitness takes into account three criteria that help identify which Opportunities are being proactively managed vs those that are in danger of being neglected.
Pipeliner evaluates the Fitness of an Opportunity by looking at
- Closing Date (in the future)
- Whether scheduled activities are being completed on time (no overdue activities)
- Whether there are next steps planned (future planned activities)
The clear traffic light colour-coding shows
- Red, if there are overdue activities or the closing date, is in the past
- Yellow if there are no planned activities
- Green indicates you have upcoming activities